Since taking office, I’ve been hard at work supporting and advancing President Trump’s Make America Great Again agenda.
Below are some of the major promises I’ve kept in Congress:
- Support Term Limits – I cosponsored H.J.Res.20, a proposal to amend the Constitution to limit the number of terms that a Member of Congress may serve, because I believe that government will function most effectively when Congress returns to a body of citizen-legislators, rather than one of lifetime politicians.
- Support a Balanced Budget – I cosponsored H.J.Res.22, which would amend the Constitution to require a balanced budget. Our nation’s debt is a threat to our national security and to the future of our children – I believe we must rein in government spending to reverse our government’s current unsustainable financial course.
- Secure the Border – I firmly believe that we have a crisis on our southern border. To protect our nation’s security and sovereignty, I voted to fund the border wall (H.R.695), and I cosponsored the No Funding for Sanctuary Campuses Act (H.R.768) to stop public funding for colleges that do not follow federal immigration law.
- Support President Trump – In Congress, I am fighting Democrat obstructionists who want to do our President harm and take away all that he has accomplished in his first term. I also stood with the President by voting against the Democrats’ resolution to overturn his national emergency order to build the wall on our southern border (H.J.Res. 46).
- Protect 2nd Amendment Rights – I support the Second Amendment, and I remain committed to fighting the Democrat’s attempts to infringe on the rights of law-abiding Americans. I cosponsored the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act (HR 38) to expand the recognition of concealed carry licenses for gun owners across the country, and I voted against the Democrats’ misguided gun control bills, H.R.8 and H.R.1112.
- Protect Life – I cosponsored the Defund Planned Parenthood Act (HR 369), No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act (HR 20), Life at Conception Act (HR616), and Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act (H.R.962), because I believe in the sanctity of human life.
- Support our Veterans – I believe that those who served our country in our armed forces deserve our utmost respect and protection. For this reason, I cosponsored legislation like the Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019 (H.R.299) and the Merchant Mariners of World War II Congressional Gold Medal Act of 2019 (H.R.550), to provide proper recognition for veterans’ service in their respective theaters of war.
- Protect Religious Liberty – Religious freedom is under attack in Washington, and that is why I have cosponsored legislation like H.Res.637, to reaffirm our commitment to protecting the symbols and traditions of Christmas, and why I stood up against Democrats’ attempts to remove the words “so help me God” from the oath administered to witnesses before the Committee on Natural Resources.
- Protect Freedom of Speech – I voted against the Democrats so-called For the People Act (H.R.1) which would interject more Washington cronyism between voters and the ballot box, restrict their first amendment rights, and limit our states’ authority to administer their own electoral process. In addition, I cosponsored the Free Speech Fairness Act (H.R.949) to provide protections for tax-exempt organizations exercising free speech in the electoral process.
- Put Americans Back to Work – I am working in the Small Business committee to make sure that businesses have the capital access they need to start and grow companies for American workers, and I am pushing back against the Left’s harmful policies that would inhibit free-enterprise and encourage government dependency.
- Help President Trump Drain the Swamp – I have worked diligently in Congress to fight back against the Washington machine and bring common-sense reforms to the federal government. For example, I cosponsored the No Budget, No Recess Act (H.R.1059) and the No Budget, No Pay Act (H.R.236) to ensure that members of Congress are incentivized to actually carry out their duty to pass a budget.