Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this promotion (the “Promotion”).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO AND 18 OR OLDER (OR AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE PRIZE, AND HERN FOR CONGRESS (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliated committees, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win the Prize. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, and its related organizations, committees, affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 a.m. (all times Central Time) December 20, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on December 25, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
4. Prize. One (1) winner will receive the following prize (the “Prize”): A rustic cuff bracelet. Winner will be responsible for costs of transportation between their residence and the campaign office and all other incurred expenses (including, but not limited to personal charges at lodging, telecommunications charges, security fees, taxes, or other expenses or incidentals).
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. THE PAYMENT OF THE REGULAR GAMBLING WITHHOLDING AND COMPLETED IRS FORM W-2G AND 5754 SHALL BE PROVIDED TO SPONSOR WITHIN 60 DAYS FOLLOWING THE DRAWING AND PRIOR TO DELIVERY OF THE PRIZE. The Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned as required from the winner or if two (2) attempts to contact the winner in person, by phone, and/or e-mail (at Sponsor’s own discretion) within 24 hours following the drawing are not successful, or if the Prize is otherwise not claimed. The winner may waive their right to receive the Prize. Prizes are not transferable, except that the winner may transfer the Prize to an entity they own or are employed by. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the Prize. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose)
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
8. Promotion Rules. One (1) potential winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries to be held at the Hern for Congress headquarters on December 26, 2017. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on the potential winner. The winner will be notified in person, by phone, and/or e-mail (at Sponsor’s own discretion) the day following the drawing. To claim the Prize, the winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in his or her notification. In the event that the winner does not respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact them or are otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award the Prize, Sponsor may select another potential winner by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
9. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Use of the Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded the Prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
11. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded the Prize, the winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion within five (5) business days of notification.
12. Winner List; Rules Request. For notification of the winner’s identity, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Hern for Congress ‘Rustic Cuff’ Sweepstakes” Winner. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, call Sponsor and (918) 296-7710 or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Hern for Congress ‘Rustic Cuff’ Sweepstakes” Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
13. Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2017 by Hern for Congress. All rights reserved.
14. Miscellaneous. Except where prohibited by law, the Promotion, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, and the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor shall be construed and governed by the laws of Oklahoma, without regard to conflicts of law rules, and the venue for any such disputes shall be in Tulsa County, Oklahoma. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should acts of God, viruses, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion.
If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please call Sponsor at (918) 296-7710 or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: “Rustic Cuff” Questions.
15. Sponsor: Hern for Congress, 8630 South Peoria Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74132.